The peak season is approaching, and traffic is king! Dear Amazon sellers, do you know all about Amazon’s channeling traffic portals? Today, Keen Sourcing will share with you the channeling traffic to Amazon.
First of all, we have sorted out some channeling traffic resources on and off Amazon. Let’s have a look at together!
Six Major Locations
In the Search Results page, there are a total of 6 locations that offer channeling traffic to our products and brands, namely:
- Sponsored Brands
- Sponsored Products
- Sponsored Brand Video
- Sponsored Brands
Three Major Areas
There are a total of 3 areas in the Product Detail page that can provide our products or brands with the channeling traffic, namely, clicking on the brand name to enter the brand flagship store, using the “Make it a bundle” function to drive traffic and sales, and adopting Sponsored Display.
Important Things You Have to Know
Have you known the above nine Amazon’s channeling traffic portals?
Have you forgotten to operate and maintain these portals on a daily basis? Hurry up and check it out!
Keen Sourcing will highlight some of Amazon’s channeling traffic functions. One is “Make it a bundle and the other is “Sponsored Display”.
Make It A Bundle
“Make it a bundle” can achieve bundling and matching sales of 2 to 5 different ASINs. It can achieve mutual channeling traffic between strongly related products, increase consumer stickiness, and bring more product display opportunities, thereby increasing the overall sales.
When a new product hits the shelf or the product life cycle is in a recession and clearance period, the product can hardly rely on its own links to bring search traffic, which is relatively limited. Therefore, using strong product bundling can offer channeling traffic to these weak products, thereby accelerating the growth of new products and quickly processing clearance. In addition, bundling sales can also be matched with products with complementary functions, and through bundling and profit-taking, consumers are encouraged to purchase in the form of virtual sets. In this way, the store’s per customer transaction as well as the overall sales is increased!
“Sponsored Display” advertising currently has two main functions. One is product placement, which is mainly to place advertisements directly to certain ASINs or categories of designated Product Detail pages; the other is audiences placement. Currently, three types of groups can be targeted to deliver products:
- The same or similar products.
- According to the category, people who have recently seen a certain category and met the specified conditions will be targeted to deliver products.
- Amazon has built-in audiences, which are divided into four types of group tags: lifestyle, in-market, interests, and life stage audiences.
Reminder: Keen Sourcing recommends that sellers use different targeted advertising strategies for new customer and regular customers to maximize advertising benefits when placing Sponsored Display.
Amazon Brand Referral Bonus Program
Aiming at the referral resources, Amazon has launched a Brand Referral Bonus Program to reward Amazon brand owners who manage to bring the benefits of referrals to Amazon! These brands run off-site marketing and take referrals to Amazon. If there is a purchase within 14 days of their settlement, 10% of the sales will be generated and rewarded to the Amazon seller. Amazon will monthly deposit the corresponding bonus into the platform of the seller who can use it to deduct the platform commission!
Keen Sourcing would like to remind every seller to pay heed to the following points of the “Brand Referral Bonus Program”.
- As long as the buyer purchases any product of the brand within 14 days after the buyer clicks on the promotion link, the brand owner can get bonus no matter how many times and quantity the buyer purchases and whether the products are purchased from the authorized dealer or the account of the brand owner. Here is an example. Jacky (the buyer) clicked the promotion link of X brand but did not purchase on the spot. Ten days later, she searched for related products on Amazon and bought another product of X brand. Since the product she purchased was sold by the authorized dealer Jane, Jane could thereby enjoy a 10% return of the sales as a bonus according to the “Brand Referral Bonus Program”.
- Sellers can enjoy the bonus of the “Brand Referral Bonus Program” only if they attach referrals to the Product Detail page or the brand flagship store.
- The Brand Referral Bonus Program only targets the traffic of non-Amazon ads with the Amazon Referral label. For example, major social media and websites like Deal use promotional codes to attract traffic to Amazon, and as long as the promotion links are correctly labeled as Amazon Referral, they will get bonus. Amazon DSP and Amazon Sponsored Display (SD) belong to Amazon site advertising and cannot be rewarded.
If you manage to catch Amazon’s channeling traffic portals and make full use of Amazon’s bonus policies, you are supposed to make big money.
Keen Sourcing updates global e-commerce research reports from time to time to help you better understand consumer’s needs and increase sales. As the best sourcing agent in China, Keen Sourcing is here to help you.