How to ship from China to Amazon FBA warehouse? Amazon FBA sellers always have to make a choice: Direct shipment or ship to you first then to Amazon FBA warehouse.
You don’t have to worry anymore because here you’ll get all the information regarding how to ship products from China to Amazon warehouses. We will show you the advantages and disadvantages of each way. Hope this information will help you in this import game. Let’s get start.
Would you like to do direct shipping? Get introduced to the advantages and disadvantages
Here are advantages if you ship directly from China to Amazon FBA warehouses
- You’ll not face any delay on your side. So direct shipping will be done at faster transportation.
- It will save your money because you don’t have to pay an extra cost to store the products.
- You’ll be tension free because factories will oversee your products. They will fulfill all the necessary shipping requirement of Amazon FBA packaging. Apart from that, they will also do FBA label, FNSKU label, etc.
- Less transportation means less damage to the items.
Now let’s concentrate on the disadvantages:
- You have to ship your products to multiple locations or warehouses as per as Amazon requirements.
- Amazon is not going to pay anything. So you have to pay all duties and freight on your own.
Below you’ll get all the information in details.
Multiple location / warehouse of Amazon
Pay in advance for All Duties and Freight
Do you prefer to shipping to you first? Check out the advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of shipping to you:
- One consolidated package from China can be broken down into several shipments in the at your side U.S.
- You have to spend extra money as you need to pay for the warehouse and worker for doing your job.
- FBA will receive your shipment after an extended period.
- You have to take care of everything, from packaging to shipping specifications. Even you have to affix FNSKU label etc. on the gift boxes on your own.
Much more time taking than direct shipping
If you prefer to ship via a mediator or if you want the freight to be delivered to you first it will take more time to reach FBA. After receiving your stock, it’ll add 6 to 8 days to prepare it. Another option is Amazon’s partnered carrier. It will also take 9 to 13 days in transit time. In short, you’ll spend more than 3 to 4 weeks to get to Amazon FBA.
Expensive than direct shipping
If the products are shipped to you first, it will charge you extra money than straight shipping from China.
Know detailed packaging and shipping requirements
People usually concentrate on the labelling requirements and also on packaging before sending it FBA via FedEx or UPS. But if you are about to post a small package you need to focus on the scannable barcode which is also known as FNSKU. It is much more vital than other things. Along with that, never forget to attach a carton label on the outer side of each box.
Things usually become accumulatively sensitive, if you ship full container loads or pallets.
When you should ship directly to Amazon FBA warehouse
- If you are shipping a small parcel, you can send it directly. For example, let’s say just one carton.
- If the product charges worth $800 or less than $800, you can try this shipping option.
- If you want to get your work done as soon as possible, try this option.
- If you already have previous experience with your Supplier.
- Your suppliers are familiar with Amazon FBA packaging requirement or you’ve used a sourcing agent in China who has rich experiences in assisting Amazon seller.
In my opinion, if you’re relatively new to the whole importing game or Amazon FBA game, you should be very careful and partner with a sourcing company in China Who will guide you on how to work with factories to ship direct to Amazon FBA.
When you should ship products to you first
- If you are working for the first time with a supplier who has less experience in shipping to Amazon FBA warehouse.
- It’s also a cheaper option as one consolidated shipment will be shipped from China.
Keen Sourcing is a leading sourcing company in China, helps small business and Amazon seller source from China. We provide complete sourcing service for Amazon sellers. Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.